The medical industry took a serious wrong turn a century ago when it was taken over by the pharmaceutical industry and again 75 years ago when it became wedded to the insurance industry. There is a better way. These are challenging times. But there is real science to help us solve complex health problems without the use of drugs and surgery. I am here to help you find that way for yourself and those you care for.
MIND, MOOD AND MEMORY
New developments in understanding neurotransmitters and genetics can help us find non-toxic answers to many brain related problems.
ABDOMINAL PAIN, INDIGESTION
Solving digestive problems can be a big relief but can also head off many serious health problems. You can recover, in most cases quite quickly. And by correcting gut issues many other symptoms often resolve.
- SIBO,Constipation and Diarrhea
- Stomach acid – high or low?
- Food intolerance, allergies
- Bloating, gas, indigestion
AUTOIMMUNINE DISEASES ARE AN EPIDEMIC
- Autoimmunity can affect virtually any organ or system including the brain.
- Thyroid – 90%+ of all thyroid diseases in America are autoimmune, taking hormones is often not enough.
- Gluten intolerance. Celiac disease and many under diagnosed digestive issues
- Joint pain and swelling – arthritis is an autoimmune condition
- Chronic spinal disc herniations – at least 15% are autoimmune.
23andMe, MTHFR, GENETICS
Do you have your 23andMe genetic report and can’t make sense of it and don’t know where to go. I have extensive experience interpreting genetic data and applying it to your specific health issues. Genetic data is now available at a reasonable price, but making sense of it is not always simple. The good news is that in most cases we can modify the effects of genetic variants.
- Feeling down or out of control? It could be genetic.
- I have studied with Ben Lynch of Seeking Health methylation courses and conferences.
- OCD, Depression, Anxiety – there are often non drug solutions.
- Allergies and asthma are often a sign of methylation defects.
- Infertility, miscarriage and birth defects can be due to genetic methylation issues.
HORMONES OUT OF BALANCE
Hormones out of balance can make you miserable, whether you are a woman or a man. Functional medicine offers new hope for real solutions based on creating a healthy balance.
- Menstrual pain, cramps and dysfunciton
- Bloating, headache, mood swings
- Menopause symptoms
- Men: Andropause, low testosterone, prostate issues
- Blood sugar our of balance – diabetes, metabolic syndrome, hypoglycemia
Unique tecniques to quickly evaluate your spinal pain and bring relief. And then teach you how to prevent a recurrence.
- A wide range of chiropractic techniques from very low force to traditional manual adjusting and Cox traction.
- Cutting edge therapies including PEMF, Interferential electrical sltim, kinesiotaping, acupuncture, microcurrent.
- Shoulder, arm and hand pain – Neil-Asher certified in shouder rehab.
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot pain.
Are you always tired, cold, hair falling out, sore muscles, can’t lose weight? There is hope. Hypothyroidism is often missed on routine testing and common treatments do not work for many.
- Fatigue is the most common symptom
- Everything slows down including your digestion, your brain, your energy metabolism
- Have you been told your thyroid tests are normal but your still feel terrible?
- A full workup can discover the real cause of your problems that Miscarriage, Birth defects
ALLERGIES, HAY FEVER, FOOD INTOLERANCE
Allergies and hay fever can make you miserable. We can help you discover the cause and find ways to address the underlying cause. Allergies are often the last straw in a system that has reached the tipping point with immune system imbalance from stress, toxins, digestive dysfunction, etc.
- Sinusitis, chronic and seasonal runny nose, itchy eyes
- Hidden food intolerance
- We look at total immune system stress and help you lower it
- Effective, non-drug antihistamines
MOLD AND MYCOTOXINS
“Mold is the new Lyme disease.” If you’ve been exposed to living or working in a moldy environment you probably know what I mean. Mold and mycotoxins can cause many symptoms and few doctors know how to recognize or treat them adequately.
- Sinusit and allergy sumptoms
- Autoimmune disease
- Chronic digestive ddiisorders
- Skin problems
- Joint pain
- Brain fog, vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss
SIX STEPS TO LIVING BRIGHTLY
1. FREE PHONE CONSULT
It’s easy. It’s free. We’ll talk and in a few minutes go over your main health concerns. This short consultation allows me to determine if I will accept your case.
2. INITIAL CONSULTATION
We’ll review your family history and your complete health history. Then we’ll do an initial examination and order appropriate lab tests.
3. LAB TESTS
If indicated we’ll order specific labs. We start with the basics but also have access to a wide range of special tests to fully understand your health issues.
4. CREATE A PLAN
We’ll go over all the findings and together we’ll come up with a plan that fits your life and health needs.
5. WORK YOUR PLAN
We’ll be there to help you succeed – troubleshooting difficulties, answering all your questions, encouraging you when that’s what you need. You can do this.
6. LIVE BRIGHTLY!
Health is your birthright. You can regain vitality, energy and the enjoyment of life… One step at a time. And learn what you can do to stay that way!
Share the Light… Tell others.
Have a simple problem? Want less than a life changing workup? Let’s still talk.
WHAT IS FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE?
“FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE is the future of conventional medicine–available now. It seeks to identify and address the root causes of disease, and views the body as one integrated system, not a collection of independent organs divided up by medical specialties. It treats the whole system, not just the symptoms.” —Mark Hyman, MD
-A.J., Chapel Hill, NC
He just does the most incredible adjustments. I wish I lived closer!
SM – Lummi Island, WA
-JB Morehead, NC
-JC, Chapel Hill, NC
-SF, Chapel Hill. NC
-B.R., Chapel, Hill, NC
-DS, Raleigh, NC
HOT TOPICS ~ SOME OF THE MANY COMPLEX ISSUES I HAVE HELPED: