My passion is searching for solutions to the complex health issues that patients bring to my practice. I came to chiropractic with a love of the art of adjusting because it had helped me. When I saw so many patients who needed something else, I began the journey which led me to functional medicine. And then I realized that I needed to find solutions for health challenges that I myself was experiencing. I have been a student of Dr. Datis Kharazian for many years, who taught me how to manage autoimmune diseases, neurotransmitter imbalances and hormonal issues. I have attended conferences and classes with Dr. Ben Lynch who has taught the deep biochemistry of methylation and genetic issues. I have a special interest in mold, mycotoxins and sinusitis through personal experience and through many patients. I learn as much from patients as I do from endless exploration of the medical literature.
- License in Chiropractic from the North Carolina Board of Chiropactic Examiners.
- Certified in Acupuncture.
- Certified in Opus23 – the most advanced platform for exploring genomic data specific to individuals
- BA, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY where I was a Cornell National Scholar and a Telluride Scholar.
- Deep Springs College, California, an elite scholarship college on a ranch in a high desert valley for my sophomore year.
- Many thousands of hours studying functional medicine including study with leaders in the field including:
- Datis Kharazian
- Ben Lynch
- Walter Schmidt
- William Walsh
- and many more
- Ongoing exhaustive research in the medical literature.